Succeeding in the crowded legal marketplace is a difficult challenge. Expertise in practicing law just isn't enough anymore. Organizational structure and administrative functions need to be as efficient as possible. A long-range strategic vision is required to ensure the healthy future of your firm. You need the best information and analysis at your fingertips to make informed decisions about important business issues.
Anchin addresses the financial reporting, tax and retirement planning, and firm management challenges of today's law firms, as well as the traditional range of accounting, auditing and tax services. The Law Firms Group provides services optimized and customized for the unique structure and environment which today's law firm operates.
Anchin has been in operation for over 90 years, and as a professional services firm, we understand the challenges you face. Whether it’s strategic planning to develop the next generation of leaders or developing tax-effective compensation and partner buyout plans, a well-run business model and strategy is the key to law firm success.
To sign up for our Law Firms email list, click here.
- Financial reporting
- Budgeting and forecasts
- Obtaining bank financing
- Profitability analysis
- Cash flow projections
- Law firm and personal tax planning
- Pension planning
- Retirement planning
- Tax compliance
- Estate planning
- Partner compensation
- Succession planning
- Operations review
- Software selection, implementation and support
- Time and billing systems
- Internal control review
- Accounting systems
- Document imaging
- Disaster recovery planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Cost Segregation
- State and local taxation
- Compensation and benefits
- Litigation, forensic and valuation
- Business risk
- Large Equifax Cybersecurity Breach Could Affect 143 Million People – Are You One Of Them?September 11, 2017
Last week, Equifax announced a large cybersecurity breach that compromised personal information of up to 143 million Americans. The breach, which occurred between mid-May and July was discovered in late July.
- Important Changes for the 2017 Tax Filing Season for all Calendar Year Law FirmsJanuary 5, 2017
The Highway Act legislation gave rise to sweeping changes for the 2017 tax season due dates for filing both original tax returns and extensions.
- From BigLaw To Your Own Firm: 4 Tips For Legal StartupsAugust 23, 2016
Russell Shinsky, Chair of Anchin's Law Firms Industry Group, shares advice about starting a law firm.
- ALA - The State of State and Local Taxation and How it Impacts Your Law FirmFebruary 20, 2014
PowerPoint Presentation to the Association of Legal Administrators
- Senate Considering Proposal to Eliminate the Cash Basis of Accounting for Many Professional Service FirmsJanuary 27, 2014
The United States Senate is considering a proposal to eliminate the cash basis of accounting rules that currently exist for many professional service firms, potentially requiring these firms to change their tax method to the accrual basis. This change would greatly impact cash flow, and potentially hinder growth potential in professional service firms.
- Law Firms: Why Entity Type MattersAugust 1, 2013
Structure matters when attorneys think about setting up a new practice, merging into or acquiring another firm, or making a lateral move. The tax and financial ramifications are significantly different for each of these entities and must be evaluated as early as possible to avoid costly mistakes.
- What You Need to Know About Partnership Agreements: Law Firms July 27, 2016
Anchin, Block & Anchin Partner Russell Shinsky discusses common issues facing law firms and provisions within partnership agreements that aim to protect the firm.