Phillip M. Ross
Phillip Ross, CPA, CGMA, is an accounting and audit partner at Anchin and serves as the Practice leader of the Firm's Construction Industry Group as well as Practice Leader of the Firm’s Architectural & Engineering Industry Group. His clients range from aggressively growing to already well-established companies with industries including construction, architecture, engineering, real estate and development. Phillip provides attentive service to his clients in order to achieve their accounting, business and financial goals.
Throughout his career, Phillip has assisted clients in securing financing, mergers and acquisitions, business consulting, succession and restructuring. He is frequently sought after as a speaker by major banks and other financial institutions and organizations in the Tri-State region.
Phillip is a member of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC-NY) where he serves on the CFO Committee, the New York Building Congress (NYBC) where he serves on the New York Building Foundation Board and is a member of the Subcontractors Trade Association (STA), the General Contractors Association (GCA) and the American Institute of Architects New York Chapter (AIANY). Additionally, he is a member of the American Institute for Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the New York State Society for Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA). He is a regular contributor to various trade journals and a speaker at industry events.
- Accounting and Auditing
- Architecture and Engineering
- Real Estate
- Five Technology Innovations SharedFebruary 9, 2017
At the 2017 Anchin Construction & Development Forum, Mark Boekenheide of Hudson Yards, Jonathan Drescher of The Durst Organization, James Hannah of Bright Power, AJ Pires of Alloy, Peter Rosenthal of Savanna and Mitchel Simpler of Jaros, Baum & Bolles discussed the exciting and often risky topic of innovation as it relates to construction, design and development in and around NYC.
- Anchin Construction & Development ForumFebruary 9, 2017
The third annual Anchin Construction & Development Forum was held on February 9, 2017 at the TKP New York Conference Center. Hundreds of incredible, high-level professionals whose work greatly impacts the real estate, construction, architecture and engineering landscapes of the greater New York City area, came together to discuss trends, forecasts, ideas, innovations and other relevant topics.
- Paid Sick Leave to Be Required for Employees of Federal ContractorsSeptember 30, 2015
Dear Construction Clients and Friends,
On September 7, 2015, President Barack Obama signed an Executive Order requiring federal contractors to offer their employees up to seven days of paid sick leave per year. The executive order will impact contracts entered into on or after January 1, 2017.
- Innovators, leaders, rising stars singled out at annual Anchin awardsJuly 16, 2015
Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP held its annual New York Construction Awards honoring construction, architecture and engineering industry innovators, leaders and rising stars.
- Does Your Firm Have A Self-Insured Health Plan?November 25, 2014
To our Clients and Friends,
Like most companies, Architecture and Engineering (A&E) firms need a full understanding of how the Affordable Care Act will impact their business so they can accurately budget and plan.
- Tax Incentives for U.S. Work on Foreign ProjectsJuly 28, 2014
Many Architecture and Engineering firms are expanding their scope of work into international projects. These companies may be able to reduce overall taxes and increase cash flow with the proper tax planning and structure.
- Senate Considering Proposal to Eliminate the Cash Basis of Accounting for Many Professional Service FirmsJanuary 27, 2014
The United States Senate is considering a proposal to eliminate the cash basis of accounting rules that currently exist for many professional service firms, potentially requiring these firms to change their tax method to the accrual basis. This change would greatly impact cash flow, and potentially hinder growth potential in professional service firms.
- State of the Construction Industry 2016September 22, 2016
Photo Gallery for State of the Construction Industry 2016 held at The Cornell Club
- State of the Construction Industry 2015October 2, 2015
Photo Gallery for State of the Construction Industry 2015 held at Bloomberg LP
- New York Construction Awards 2015June 11, 2015
Photo Gallery for New York Construction Awards 2015 held at Club 101
- Anchin Construction & Development Forum 2015February 12, 2015
Photo Gallery for Anchin Construction & Development Forum 2015 held at Scholastic Auditorium
- State of the Construction Industry 2014September 18, 2014
Photo Gallery for State of the Construction Industry 2014 held at Club 101
- State of the Construction Industry 2013September 26, 2013
Photo Gallery for State of the Construction Industry 2013 held at Club 101
- New York Construction Awards 2013June 4, 2013
Photo Gallery for New York Construction Awards 2013 held at Club 101
- State of the Construction Industry 2012September 20, 2012
Photo Gallery for State of the Construction Industry 2012 held at Club 101
- MWBE Building the Future 2012May 4, 2012
Photo Gallery for MWBE Building the Future 2012 held at Club 101
- Welcome and KeynoteJune 14, 2016
At the 2016 New York Construction Awards, Phillip Ross, Partner at Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP, welcomed attendees and Richard T. Anderson, President of the
- Achieving Tax Savings February 12, 2016
Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP Partner Phil Ross talks about achieving tax savings.
- Financial Statement Impact on Surety Bonds February 12, 2016
Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP Partner Phil Ross talks about financial statements and their impact on surety programs.
- Architects & Engineers February 7, 2016
Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP Partner Phil Ross talks about Architects & Engineers.
- 10th Annual State of the Construction Industry 2015 October 7, 2015
Watch our State of the Construction Industry lookback!