- Controller (Construction) – Bronx, NY
Location: Bronx, NY
This position, reporting to the President, is responsible for managing the financial and administrative operations for a Construction Company. This finance professional must have strong analytical skills and a track record of getting things done with a hands-on approach.
• Ownership and responsibility for all accounting personnel and processes - team player taking responsibility
• Responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly and year-end financial statements.
• Solid organizational skills-responsibility for all accounting issues- balance checkbook, AP, AR, and Payroll; must be open to new perspective and software - Viewpoint ERP, Monday.com
• Work closely with Ownership
• Develop additional financial reports as necessary to assist all levels of management in fulfilling their responsibilities.
• Prepare budget, income projection and cash flow summary (to be updated periodically).
• Analyze monthly statements & identify trends for each department.
• Assist with renewal and negotiations of insurance, health benefits and other company programs and plans.
• Organize and maintain corporate records
• Assist with maintaining favorable relationships and communication with company’s accountants, clients, insurance providers, vendors and bankers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Experience within a GC or Sub-Contractor required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience is required.
• Specific demonstrative experience is required in the operation and management of accounting and project management software.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in 21st century workplace - understanding of diversity, culture
• Understanding of Family business dynamics - work with several generations
• Business Partner to the management team also required.
• Must have excellent leadership and management skills.
• Clear and direct communication.
Please send resume to Steve.Mandell@anchin.com
- Director of Finance (Manufacturing - Construction) – Hauppauge, NY
Location: Hauppauge, NY
• Manages the overall direction, coordination of Accounting, Human Resources and Administration personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, Human Resources, and Operations etc.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value. Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures. Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and uses of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
• Oversee accounting, financial reporting, analysis and preparation of the consolidated financial statements, including schedules for tax compliance.
• Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
• Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments; ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information and ensure all deadlines are met
• Work with key organizational member to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of the staff
• Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals. Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• 7+ years’ of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Experience as a Controller in a construction company
• Construction accounting experience including job costing
• Excellent self-motivation and the ability to lead a team of employees
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting pronouncements
• Proven ability to deliver clear and concise reports varied levels of management
• Passionate about data integrity and accuracy, and confidentiality
• Comprehensive understanding of internal control
• Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate internally across functional lines and with external partners
• Advanced Mac/Windows Computer Skills, Excel skills are exceptional
• Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise
Please send resume to Steve.Mandell@anchin.com
- VP of Finance (Construction - Services) – Queens, NY
Location: Queens, NY
High-end residential construction and professional services firm with corporate headquarters in NYC and offices on both coasts seeks experienced Controller to run the accounting department in a multi-divisional accounting environment. This privately-owned S-Corp has been in business for over 30 years providing exceptional quality, concierge level service, and best in class industry expertise to high net worth Clients across the country. Offering a suite of services that support a Client relationship at any stage of its life-cycle from project inception to post construction, we have earned a reputation as one of the industry leaders in the high-end residential space.
The VP of Finance will be responsible for running the accounting department including all financial reporting, budgeting, reforecasting, annual audit, overseeing preparation and timely filing of all monthly, quarterly, yearly tax and information returns, overseeing in-house payroll and cash management activities. Works closely with executive leadership and supervises a team to ensure best-in-practice accounting procedures are implemented and maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages day-to-day operation of the Accounting Department.
• Liaises with outside accountants, banking representatives, retirement plan administrator and insurance brokers and carriers.
• Timely preparation and issuance of monthly financial statements, yearly budgets, monthly closing and related analysis.
• Maintains controls over all postings and transactions in the general ledger and all subsidiary ledgers, including journal entries, correcting transactions, reconciling monthly WIP.
• Maintains the accounting daily operating cycle on a timely and current basis to ensure related department functions can be carried out according to schedule.
• Responsible for treasury responsibilities, transfers, wires, distributions and managing the line of credit.
• Coordinates the record keeping of all job costs and intercompany transactions.
• Preparation of financial schedules to support the annual review and other required audits.
• Responsible for the preparation and reconciliation of the final monthly job cost to general ledger and WIP to the general ledger.
• Responsible for the review and preparation of accruals including job related costs, general and administrative expenses.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining internal incentive programs.
• Responsible for maintaining all local, state and federal programs and certifications.
• Provides assistance to the accounting staff on Sage issues to ensure duties are properly executed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manages annual corporate income and franchise tax returns, payroll, gross receipts and sales tax returns.
• Responsible for the setup and maintenance of the Sage system including proper planning and population of all data to the system.
• Ad hoc reporting, as needed either within or outside the department in Excel, Sage 300 and Office Connector.
• Implements systems and processes in functional areas of responsibility to ensure efficiency and seamless support of Accounting/Operations/Business Development; ensures policies and procedures are followed
• Ensures financial information flows regularly to the Chairman/CEO, CFO and Business unit heads.
• Develops and mentors personnel in Accounting/Finance.
• Responsible for Sales Tax reporting in all jurisdiction where the company operates
• Minimum 10 years of overall experience; minimum 3 years supervisory experience required.
• Two to Three years of construction related experience.
• Four year degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree a plus.
• Advanced skills in Excel and Sage; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience implementing accounting systems and procedures
• Experience in a multi-divisional accounting environment, with some S Corp tax experience.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to implement risk management treasury controls – internal and external
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with c-suite and staff members
Ideal candidates will be hard-driving, innovative and have a passion for leveraging technology and data to drive business decisions. Must be willing to roll up their sleeves and re-build systems, streamline processes, find efficiencies and create a high-performing team.” Experience with turnarounds, start-ups or mergers a plus.
Please send resume to Steve.Mandell@anchin.com
- VP of Finance (Consumer Goods - Subscription Services) – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Start-Up CPG/Subscription Commerce company is looking for an insightful and driven Director of Finance to join the team. In this role, you will be the leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing business and a meaningful member of the company’s leadership team. Initially, you will be a team of one (supported by a very experienced outsourced controller), so you must be a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment. You will be responsible for building out your team over time, including the internal or external placement of an individual or agency that can provide the services of a controller/bookkeeper. The position requires strong FP&A and accounting skills, a strong business acumen, and the ability to understand the big picture while being detail-oriented.
The role requires decision-making support and P&L management, as well as analyzing key performance indicators related to an online subscription business, including revenue, cost of goods sold, acquisition costs, operating expenses and retention. This will require developing financial models, scenario analysis, and decision-making tools. The position will report to the CEO and is located in New York, NY.
• Provide strategic insights and conclusions based on financial analysis, working side by side with the leads of business units
• Develop and track cross-company efforts to improve gross margin and cash flow
• Create and maintain key performance metrics and dashboards to ensure the optimal operation of the business. Identify initiatives for improvements that can positively impact the financial outlook of the company, including developing, tracking, and executing business initiatives with the company’s leadership
• Guide planning and functional resource management (e.g. headcount, capital and/or any other targeted investment approvals, etc.) for specific business units within the company, including development of financial forecasts
• Prepare timely and appropriately informative reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Coordinate the analysis and reporting of actual results with outside accounting firm and be responsible for the preparation of budgets and forecasts for the company
• Evaluate the revenue, profit, cash flow and value creation potential of new product introductions or business decisions
• Strong understanding of Subscription Commerce / Direct-To-Consumer drivers and metrics
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with all levels and collaborate with partners across the organization
• Strong business sense; able to utilize financial data to influence company decision-making
• Experienced in developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to senior management and Board of Directors
• Detail-oriented, to-the-point communicator, with data-oriented skills; organized and accurate
• Successful in driving process improvements and system implementations with a continuous improvement mentality
• Cross-functional team participation and leadership capabilities as a change agent
• Must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic company environment, and have a strong work ethic
• Willingness to own the building of complex financial models, considering a variety of business inputs; ability to communicate the results and the impact to the business economics, accounting, tax and cash
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent technical discipline
• 7+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
• Experience in a fast-paced, venture-backed, start-up environment
• Experience with Subscription/DTC business models and forecasting preferred
• Proficient in QuickBooks Enterprise; experience with enterprise-class financial systems a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
• An inquisitive mind. You are always looking for data and patterns that unearth critical information that will help the company be more effective at achieving its mission
• A strong work ethic and a burning desire to build something that matters
• A person with Integrity, a sense of fairness and great team spirit
• Ability to have fun and enjoy the camaraderie of collaborating with a team of individuals that are passionate about what they do
• Competitive salary and annual bonus
• Equity grant commensurate with experience
• Full medical, dental and vision coverage
• Generous vacation policy and flexible PTO
• Great location in the booming Hudson Yards
• Discounts for your friends & family
• Onsite cafeteria and café serving breakfast, lunch and snacks
• Fun team events and celebrations throughout the year
- Controller (Construction) – Long Island, NY
Location: Long Island, NY
The Controller reports to the Director of Operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee accounting department staff
• Monthly reconciliation of Profit and Loss accounts
• Review and adjust General Ledger accounts for accurate financial reporting
• Routinely review project cost reports and reconcile costs to the budget
• Compile information for quarterly sales tax payments
• Compile and reconcile information for quarterly government reporting of payroll taxes
• Produce various monthly financial reports for owner’s review
• Ensure that all projects are billed monthly coordinating with Project Managers
• Review accounts payable and accounts receivable reports and adjust when necessary
• Complete weekly cashflow analysis for review
• Attend Project handover meetings with Estimating, Project Management and Senior Management
• Manage Procore integration of costs with Sage 300 CRE
• Interact and assist PMs and APMs with contract or billing issues and procedures
• Interact and advise with Accounting Firm
• Produce WIP schedule on quarterly basis, or as needed
Oversight of Accounts Receivable
• Set up new customers
• Set up new contacts in AR module
• Set up Scheduled Values in accordance with Contracts
• Produce and distribute monthly Billing Worksheets
• Create monthly billing AIA drafts for owner’s approval
• Create final billing AIAs for customers
• Make changes to billings and contracts for various reasons: incorrect contract amount, incorrect percentage billed, incorrect customer name, etc.
• Create monthly AR statements
• Posting of payments received
Oversight of Payroll Administration
• Ensure payroll is entered and processed on a timely basis
• Coordinate with Field Supervisor for new employees and time entry in hh2
• Process Payroll
• Post payroll entries from 3rd party payroll
• Review and analyze entries to the various General Ledger accounts for accuracy
• Complete year end payroll processes
• Tracking of Vacation and Sick time
Oversight of Accounts Payable
• Oversee invoice entry and hh2 AP flow management
• Review and analyze Credit Card processing
• Review Expense Reporting
• Process Checks and manage Positive Pay
• Issue 1099s as necessary
• Liaise with Insurance Broker and Carrier
• Coordinate audits for GL and Workers Comp
• Oversee and track Workers Comp claims
• Administer and coordinate new hire forms, exit interviews, etc. with Trinet
• Administer Health Benefits Plan with Trinet
• Administer 401K Savings Program
Candidate MUST have:
• Experience in Construction industry
• Experience with Sage 300 CRE (Timberline)
• Intermediate to Expert MS Excel knowledge
• Experience with Procore preferred
Please send resume to Steve.Mandell@anchin.com
- Global Tax & Treasury (Distribution) – Norwalk, CT
Location: Norwalk, CT
Global Distribution Company, is seeking an experienced, and motivated VP, Global Treasury & Tax to build and lead the company’s global tax and treasury strategy, planning and operations. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a dynamic Finance professional with a background in Tax and Treasury, as well as a broad set of Finance and Operational capabilities. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will manage a small team of professionals and be located in our Norwalk CT headquarters office.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Partner with the Chief Financial Officer and senior management team to establish the company’s short and long-term tax and treasury strategies.
• Oversee the timely completion of all US federal, state and international tax returns, including VAT/GST by designated service providers.
• Manage the accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) for the company’s consolidated financial statements.
• Oversee and coordinate the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provisions with the company’s designated service provider.
• Establish and maintain transfer pricing and management fee arrangements with international subsidiaries.
• Engage in M&A and all non-standard related activities requiring tax involvement.
• Manage third party tax consultants/service providers as needed in support of strategy and operational deliverables.
• Establish corporate investment strategy and policy, providing ongoing evaluation of optimal financing alternatives and ensuring that the company is in line with the defined capital structure.
• Set functional policy to support the business needs while mitigating risk and managing currency exposures.
• Implement Global Treasury Management System.
• Ensure efficient cash management, collections and payment processes. Minimize opportunity losses linked to idle cash.
• Build and maintain banking relationships, bank accounts, controls and bank compensation (negotiation and control of bank fees).
• Develop treasury best practices within the guidelines of the company.
• Oversee the preparation of periodic economic, political and foreign exchange overviews.
Key Skills & Qualifications
● BS degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
● Advanced degree and/or CPA preferred.
● 15+ years of progressive experience in tax and treasury.
● Strong understanding of US & International Tax, Treasury, US GAAP/IFRS and finance principles.
● Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
● Player/coach mindset – this role will simultaneously require hands-on execution as well as thoughtful policy and process design.
● Presents ideas and information in a concise, well-organized manner.
● Works effectively and collaboratively within and across teams.
● Identifies business needs and proposes effective solutions.
● Strong executive presence; ability to work directly with senior business leaders.
● Maintains high performance standards; passion for excellence and continuous improvement
● Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately and is flexible.
● Familiar with Cash Management/Application tools and ERP.
● Experience in the Distribution industry highly desirable.
● Thrive in a small to medium-sized firm going through significant growth and change.
● Experience consolidating foreign operations.
Please send resume to Steve.Mandell@anchin.com