Anchin’s Matrimonial Advisory Group provides a complete analysis of all the tax and financial aspects related to matrimonial matters and settlements. Our professionals offer a wide range of both pre- and post- divorce services.
- Review of previously filed income and gift tax returns
- Assistance with data collection for financial affidavits
- Preparation of net worth statements
- Review of separation/divorce agreements for tax implications on proposed settlements
- Assistance with innocent spouse relief
- Assistance with locating hidden assets through forensic examination
- Review of the appropriate legal ownership of assets
- Assistance with determination of alimony/palimony requirements including:
- Individual income and expense analysis
- Personal budget preparation
- Assistance with the calculation of child support needs
- Post divorce income and estate tax planning and compliance
- Bill paying and other personal financial services
- Analysis of retirement planning options
- Analysis of mortgage and debt
- Analysis of life insurance levels and types
- The Pitfalls of Keeping the HouseMay 30, 2017
One of the most common questions during a divorce is “Who gets the house?” Though maintaining the ownership of the family home may be the desired result, there are potential financial burdens that should be considered before making this decision.
- Gray Divorce: The Financial Challenges and OpportunitiesApril 20, 2017
Mela Garber, Leader of Anchin's Matrimonial Advisory Group, explains why some older couples may separate and advises women who married young and may not have financial experience to work with a financial planner.
- How to Get Your Ex-Spouse's Social Security BenefitsDecember 1, 2016
Anchin Social Security Benefits expert, Richard Stieglitz, points out the odd quirk that lets multiple divorcees pick their benefits based on the highest earning ex-spouse.
- How to Talk About a Prenuptial AgreementJune 1, 2016
It’s hard to think of a good time to introduce a contractual component to unconditional love.
- Why You May Need A PrenupApril 1, 2016
If a prospective couple plans to sign a prenuptial agreement, it’s wise to design the agreement with an estate plan in mind.
- What we can learn about prenups from the Ben Affleck-Jennifer Garner divorceJuly 4, 2015
Earlier this week, the world learned that beloved Hollywood couple Jennifer Garner, 43, and Ben Affleck, 42, have decided to split—ten years and one day after their wedding.